Friday Favorites: August Lush


(sorry my pictures/lighting aren't the best but the color was great)

Protecting your skin from UV rays from the sun and from tanning beds is a topic that I am very passionate about and one that I am happy to re-visit. As I've said in past posts, protecting your skin from the UV Rays is literally one of the easiest steps to healthier skin and one of the most important. As much evidence as there is that the sun and tanning beds are so dangerous, so many people seem to have a mindset that they're the exception. That it won't happen to them or that they're too young to get it. Well, skin cancer has no exceptions. As scary as it is to see, Melanoma, the most serious type of skin cancer, is the most common form of cancer for young adults age 25-29 and the second most common form of cancer for young people between the ages 15-29. It is scary but it can be avoided. Wear your sunscreen every day and stay out of tanning beds. 

I know that so many of you love having that tan though, you don't feel like yourself if you are too pale, I get it, but there are ways to stay protected and still get that. You know what I'm about to say, Self tanner. I have pretty much accepted the fact that I have super pale skin and I'm typically okay with it but from time to time I do feel the need to try the tan life. I recently had the opportunity to try out the Dancing with the Stars Flawless Tanning Kit and lets just say, the color was awesome. I get so nervous to turn orange with these self tanners but they have gotten so much better these days that it shouldn't be a huge worry anymore. The day before I got started I made sure that I shaved and exfoliated my skin really well, this is an important step. Then I made sure to watch the video which you can find here and read the instructions that I had received. I grabbed an old sheet and stood in my shower and sprayed one area at a time and rubbed it in if I needed to. Make sure you take your time when you're beginning so you don't miss any spots. Once I was finished, it dried really fast and didn't feel sticky which was nice considering I had to go to bed. I wore loose fitting clothes and went to bed and when I woke up I rinsed off in the shower and I was left with a really nice and not orange tan. This is definitely one that I would recommend for anyone who is considering self tanning. Plus I love what August Lush stands for so I fully support their cause to help raise awareness of how dangerous skin cancer is and how it can affect anyone. You can find them on Instagram and learn more about their personal skin cancer stories here


P.S. Happy Valentines Day tomorrow! We hope you all have a great weekend!

xo
 photo ShawnaSignature_zps0ddb3ced.png



A big thank you to August Lush for sponsoring this post!



1 comment